Thursday, July 9, 2009

Good Ol Holbrook

I'm just now getting around to posting my trip home for the 4th of July. Holbrook has a GREAT 4th of July celebration!!! The Holbrook Volunteer Fire Department has a barbecue every year (they have been doing this for like 50 years). It is the best barbecue you have ever tasted!!! They also do the fire work show and they really do a great job. We had a lot of fun!


Stopped for a potty break on the rim.

The Mongolian Rim is my favorite place in the world.
This is the apple tree in front of my Mom's house. Hundreds of pictures have been taken around this tree! Lena wanted to climb it and I was helping her.


She loves to lay in the grass!



Lena is a very lucky little girl to have two Great Grandma's who are great friends!




Playin' peek a boo with Grandma's

Me and Lena in front of Great Grandma's house talking about the flag and how much it means to us and how Pa Pa loved displaying it!



The best barbecue EVER!!!! I should have taken a picture of our food but I forgot and it was gone FAST!

Getting ready for fire works! We got there early and had front row seats!







A beautiful sunset


My moon!


Me and my best friend, (who also happens to be my daughter), Christen

Here is Lena and her Dad at the Park the next day. She sure did have fun!



1 comment:

Sassy said...

oh my stars.....this makes me want to in the worst way get in my car and go home....I miss Holbrook and I haven't been there in years....I miss the fourth in Holbrook...always the best bar-b-ques and the fireworks display was always my fave...I loved as a little girl when the made them look like a waterfall down the side of the mountain by the football field....you made me homesick girl...loved this post...